Sunday, January 31, 2010

San Diego, CA through Newport Coast, CA

Nick: Oh, I feel like there was something I was supposed to be doing. No, not for this day or even this week in particular. Like, I feel like there's something I should have been doing all along on this trip but have continued to neglect. ! That's right, I should be looking at graduate schools in an attempt to get a life that's fallen into wild shenanigans back to some semblance of order. Guess we better drive all the way back to northern LA. Hello Fuller Theological Seminary, how are you? I like your weather, and I like the look of some of your ladies. What's that? Housing, food, tuition and transportation are all hella expensive in Pasadena? That's OK, I'm a co-author of a popular blog that, since it's conversion into a novel and movie, has made me millions. Excuse me? We've only made 9 cents in ad revenue so far? Tough break. Looks like I'm stuck with lousy old Princeton.

Brian: Recall that Princeton covers tuition for Presbyterian attendees.

Nick: Lame. After touring the school, we headed to Brian's aunt and uncle's place. His uncle, Mike, reminds me of someone...

Brian: I'm not sure who you are referring to but he certainly is similar to my dad in terms of one's inability to turn down food around him. I seem to remember you being served a piece of cake after repeated refusals... Anyway, Mike and Cindy were extremely hospitable and took us out to an Irish pub for a Guinness after a couple glasses of wine; can you tell they've been reading the blog? We came back to their house and watched some Nitro Circus, but I fell asleep during the second episode around 9:30 and went to bed about 10 minutes later. Nick wasn't far behind. After all the couches and floors we've slept on, we know better than to turn down an early night on a soft bed when we have one. Brian and Nick are stout and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment