Friday, October 2, 2009

New Haven, CT through Princeton, NJ

Nick: In the morning, we went to a bar called “Bar” for some of their supposedly famous mashed potato pizza. They were closed on Monday. No problem. Louis’ Lunch was across the street, a place known for their incredible burgers. Nope, closed on Monday. Really New Haven? I know we all wish we could live in an exciting new galaxy where every weekend was three days and Mondays were part of ancient history, but this is the Milky Way galaxy, and things just aren’t done that way. Get with the program. After finally giving up on a real breakfast all together, we went to the Peabody museum, which I think is part of the Yale campus, to look at lots and lots of dinosaurs.

Brian: We channeled our inner 6-year olds and ran around like crazy looking at all the sweet fossil molds. Did you know that most paleontologists now believe that all dinosaurs were covered with feathers? It kind of destroys the vicious image of the T-Rex to wrap a feather boa around his neck. My favorite discovery of the museum? The Archelon! Apparently, turtles used to be about 50 times larger than they are now. We will post the picture of my head next to its skeleton. I decided that if I ever have a boat to call my own I will call it The Archelon. Also, on a slightly related note, I’m going to name my first cat Lord Voldemort.

Nick: Not really related. The museum rocked hardcore (yes, museums can do that,) but we had places to be. Next stop was Brian’s aunt’s house.

Brian: Big thanks to Cindy and Brad for kindly hosting us for the afternoon. Lunch and dinner were delicious. And the shower was needed badly. We spent the midday playing Rock Band, ping-pong, billiards, chess, four square, and unwillingly participating in a butt slapping game. Don’t turn your back on those kids for a second. Thanks again guys.

Nick: Next stop was Princeton, NJ to meet my friend Brenna Nickel and check out the school for some grad work. Brenna was an intern with me at Broad Street Ministry in Philadelphia last summer. She pretty much rocks the house all the time, and it’s hard to imagine that summer without her. We met some of her friends and had a nice evening catching up and learning more about the school.

Brian: Beautiful campus. All you need to fit in there is a pair of black horn-rimmed glasses and a stripy scarf. Also, Yuengling was $1.50 a pint at the Princetonian, so it gets my seal of approval. Good morrow readers. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment